Saturday 9 April 2016

My All Time Favourite Concealers...

One thing that can make a huge difference to your makeup look is concealing. If you have a good concealer at your finger tips some serious brightening wonder can be added to the scene. If your looking for some serious concealing overdose I suggest you take a look at The Best Concealers post by In To The Gloss a fabulous post dedicated to a range of some of the best concealers in the market! Here are some of my most adored high end and drugstore concealers that work marvellously well. As well as tips and tricks on the best application method...

Maybelline Instant Anti- Age perfect and cover concealer:

This is probably my most recent purchase when it comes to concealers. And I must say, I do really like it. Its super brightening under the eyes and works well at giving the Kim Kardashian bright eyed look! Its moisturising does not look cakey at all although its a medium to full coverage and goes on ever so smoothly. I love the fact that it has an easy to apply sponge applicator which helps to soak up some of the product and saves us from making too much of a mess! I honestly feel like this concealer can give some high end concealers a run for their money!

Nars Creamy Concealer:

I literally used this day after day when I first got, It is that good! I love using it for blemishes, under eye bags or even on a no makeup day just on its own. It covers up darkness within seconds and makes me look as though I have just woken up from a nourishing eight hours sleep, which rarely ever happens! I prefer doing a triangle underneath the eyes then blending in with a beauty blender. It also contains skincare ingredients such as vitamin E and grape seed extract which help to repair the skin as well as conceal any darkness or blemishes. The texture is super creamy, hydrating and easy to apply. I have the shade custard which is more yellow toned and blends in perfectly with my skin tone.

Lasting Rimmel Finish:

At first I had been under estimating this dingy little pot. It really is a full coverage concealer and does last all day with the help of a translucent powder. The texture is slightly sticky and has to be warmed with fingers and then simply dab on for the for the most easiest application. It works wonders at covering any spots or blemishes or even as a corrector.

Hourglass:

Hourglass is great at creating some of the most unique products, I love the fact that its shaped like a lipstick which makes it dead simple to apply. It has a dewy finish and looks super moisturising and gives an almost airbrushed finish. Coverage wise its probably more of a medium to full coverage and easily buildable. If your in to contouring this could be great for highlighting the nose, forehead and under eyes. Lastly dust a small amount of translucent powder on top for an extra long wear.

Bobbi Brown Corrector:

Finally, I get to throw in a corrector too. After all a concealing post will be incomplete without a good corrector to even things out right? I prefer using a corrector when things are getting out of control, too many blemishes, break outs and dark eye bags. It works amazingly as the first layer to correct any imperfections and sometimes I end up applying less concealer as the corrector has done 70% of the job already.. It has a balm like texture and takes a few dabs in order to blend.

So that's a few of my most go to concealers what are your favourite concealers?

1 comment:

  1. I've always wanted to try that Nars concealer! I love the Rimmel Wake Me Up a lot x

    www.taintedblues.co.uk

    ReplyDelete